Senior 3D Technical Designer
Location: Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Noida
Type: Full Time, Part Time
We are looking to hire highly motivated Senior 3D Techincal Designer with prior Technical Design or Pattern making experience.
With minimal supervision and high-level creative direction, the Senior Designer designs a large category or several medium-sized categories, recommend new product categories or business ideas and is responsible for influencing key stakeholders to ensure big ideas translate from concept to implementation.
This person will also lead a team of lower-level designers to design and develop a product.
Our team is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and This role will ensure Amazon products delight our customers in terms of product quality and fit. They will be part of a team of experts who will work with designers and merchandisers to ensure we build best in class products.
As a Senior 3D Technical Designer you will support the Amazon Private Brands design process by creating 3D apparel and photorealistic images. These digital apparel prototypes will be used for concept review, material and color specifications and transferred to partner factories for sample creation. 3D prototypes must convey all necessary aesthetic and technical details while following milestone calendar objectives.
The 3D Designer will collaborate with apparel design and brand management teams and participate in the product creation process. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to render apparel product in 3D and have a solid understanding of patternmaking and garment construction. Candidates should have prior experience in 3D rendering, fit, pattern making, size grading, and garment construction with a top tier branded or vertical fashion retailer.
The workplace is dynamic, fast-paced and creative, and every day is different from the next. We’re looking for someone who can transform a Designer’s vision into fashion collections that sell. You are flexible, detail-orientated, and highly professional. Your job will be to transform our design vision into garments with the right fit, silhouette and functionality. You will draw patterns, fit samples on models and dummies with your design team, and continually follow up our collections in our stores. Staying up-to-date on current and future fashion trends is an important part of your job.
- Leverage 3D software to create and revise 3D apparel renderings.
- Build 3D block library from existing 2D pattern library to support product development process.
- Develop and maintain a virtual fit protocol and standard.
- Develop, modify, and maintain 3D Avatars to support all soft lines apparel categories.
- Manage and maintain a virtual fabric library.
- Liaise with Design and Brand Management teams to provide support for key meetings and milestones.
- Research and apply emerging 3D technology to the product development process.
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness.
- Evolve Technical Design strategy, operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
- Research and resolve fit, pattern, and grading issues in partnership with the Technical Design team.
- Build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and check fit, grading, and vendor compliance.
- Collaborate with other members of the Amazon Fashion Private Label team on both ongoing and new products.
- Support the Technical Design team in meeting seasonal deliverables and projects.
- Travel to sourcing offices and/or factories to troubleshoot, educate, and build factory capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Ability to work in an extremely creative, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of fashion design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Availability to travel for research and product development.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience in retail, fashion, technology, e-commerce, luxury industry and startup will be a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- Ability to wear multiple “hats” and take on all tasks regardless of job title
- Entrepreneurial spirit and startup experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Technical Design, Fashion Design, or Patternmaking. 2-3 years of 3D Apparel rendering experience. 5+ years of Apparel Experience preferably with knowledge of technical design and pattern making
Bachelor degree in Fashion Design, Textile Design, Fine Arts or related field
We take culture very seriously and prefer people to have an interest in fashion, retail, e-commerce, shopping, and new technology.
Melifloz Inclusion & Diversity Policy:
We believe in Equality for Everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older) and genetic information. We rely on our employees’ diverse backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation and foster notable business results. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We recognize the value of our talent, and we strive to harness all of this business intelligence to provide immeasurable value.
If the above position is suitable send your resume to [email protected]