Senior Fashion Designer
We are looking to hire a Fashion Designer with panache and flair to capture the mood on our Women’s wear line.
With minimal supervision and high-level creative direction, the Senior Designer designs a large category or several medium-sized categories, recommend new product categories or business ideas and is responsible for influencing key stakeholders to ensure big ideas translate from concept to implementation.
This person will also lead a team of lower-level designers to design and develop a product.
- Managing the design process from conception through to final styling.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics, and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to the line, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring the product is in agreement with the business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Collaborating with technical designers to ensure development packages are accurate.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during the presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
- Fashion Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- 5+ years of fashion design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Availability to travel for research and product development.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience in retail, fashion, technology, e-commerce, luxury industry and startup will be a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- Ability to wear multiple “hats” and take on all tasks regardless of job title
- Entrepreneurial spirit and startup experience is a plus
Bachelor degree in Fashion Design or related field
We take culture very seriously and prefer people to have an interest in fashion, retail, e-commerce, shopping, and new technology.
Melifloz Inclusion & Diversity Policy:
We believe in Equality for Everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older) and genetic information. We rely on our employees’ diverse backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation and foster notable business results. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We recognize the value of our talent, and we strive to harness all of this business intelligence to provide immeasurable value.
Apply for this position
Send your application